Del Campo Roar

• Graduation ~ June 8th

• Last Day of School ~ June 11th

• 5/22~Varsity Softball Playoff Games 5 and 7 p.m., Arnaiz Park in Stockton

• Senior Goodbye Rally ~ May 31st

• Spring Fling ~ May 30th

Men’s volleyball

Nevaeh Lewis, Sports and Entertainment writer

The Del Campo men’s volleyball team had a league of 4-8 this season. Here is a recap of their first league game against Sacramento High on March 6.

On March 6 the Del Campo men’s volleyball team played Sacramento High in the big gym at 6:15.The Cougar’s starting 6 came off the bench with the energy and left  the gym as winners of their first conference game. The first game was won by our cougars, with the final score being 25-10.

After a short five minute break,  and switching sides,the Cougars come back onto the court with a new starting six . 15 min later the Del Campo cougars take the second game with the final score being 25-8. After switching sides for a second time , the cougars returned to the court with six new starters. The energy in the gym got very intense when Sacramento High realized that they needed to win this game. For ten min it was back and forth with both teams tying up the score three separate times! After substitutions on both sides, Del Campo made the final spike of the game putting the score at 25-18, and the cougars prevailed.

Taylor Thorpe said ”the only thing harder than Cody’s hits were the million liners we had to do.” This was a great season for the men’s volleyball team and we worked so hard to have this successful season.

Next year the Cougars will have eight returning players to participate in next years season. They are looking forward to an exciting season.

About the Writer
Nevaeh Lewis, Sports and Entertainment Writer

Nevaeh Lewis a junior at Del Campo and also a first year Roar staff writer. Nevaeh is a very athletic person whose whole life is focused on sports. She...

The Student News Site of Del Campo High School
Men’s volleyball