Groundbreaking ceremony celebrates new science, CTE buildings

Gabby Ramirez & Marissa Knight, Staff Writers

Mrs. Wahlberg does her part to kickoff the building of the new media and science building.

On March 5th, 2020 a ceremony was held to break ground and celebrate the new science building being built. There were several speakers. Students, staff, and district officials shared their thoughts on the new building.  Our principal, Mr. Snyder presented a welcome speech. Other speakers included, Dr.Michael Mckibbin the San Juan Unified School Board Vice President, Mr. Weitzel the Media teacher, Mr. Eidem the Science Department Chair. There were two students who spoke. One was David Gonzales, a current CTE student who is a senior.  He will not be able to use the new building, but was excited about seeing it happen.  Hajar Ouadrhiri is a sophomore and will likely get to take advantage of the new building.

Overall both students and staff shared their excitement about both the new science building and the renovations of the CTE buildings.

The new CTE building in the back of campus will include a new fire safety academy,media broadcasting, computer tech,and a brand new fabrication lab. This New building will also include new storage for the fire engine,outdoor training grounds,burn car and ambulance,and a new broadcast studio. These new renovations will allow all the different career pathways to work in a safe space.

Thank you to these construction worker who will be working hard on giving us a new addition to our campus.