Generosity spreads during pandemic

Del Campo's Kids Helping Kids and San Juan Unified School District benefit from donations during Big Day of Giving

Maclainey Wade, Co-Editor-in-Chief

This year’s Big Day of Giving took place last Thursday May 7th. This event started in 2013 and since then has generated $52 million for more than 600 local nonprofits that help strengthen the greater Sacramento area. It is run by the Sacramento Region Community Foundation and powered by GivingEdge, the region’s online nonprofit knowledge base (bigdayofgiving.org).

Through the help of many generous sponsors and donors, Del Campo’s student-run non profit organization Kids Helping Kids was able to raise over $11,200 for children in their various populations!

In addition, The San Juan Education Foundation, which raises funds for direct teacher donations as well as student scholarships, also took part in this event to ensure that both students and teachers in our district are provided with the needed technology, supplies, and resources during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Mark your calendars for next year’s Big Day of Giving! It will be May 6 2021.

Both Kids Helping Kids, and the San Juan Education Foundation sincerely thank those who very generously donated during this extraordinary time! Please visit the websites for both of these organizations so you know how they help local children.

Home V2

https://www.sanjuaneducationfoundation.org/