Del Campo actors return to stage

Noel Hannan, Editor

During the week of May 17th-20th, the Del Campo Drama Club made their comeback, after a two-year absence, with their production of Almost Maine. Written by John Cariani, the play is composed of nine short stories that explore love and loss. It takes place in a remote, mythical almost-town called Almost, Maine

The actors practiced for four months leading up to the play and gave four performances to excited audiences who missed Del Campo’s theater performances.

Here is a word from Ms. Benner, the director of the play,”I am very proud of my actors. There was so much growth in their skill level from when we first started rehearsing to when they performed for an audience. We are rebuilding the program because COVID closed us down for two and a half years. All the former actors have graduated and moved on. This group will be crucial in bringing the program back to life.”

New Actors On The Rise- Many members of the drama club have never acted, or have done a live performance before. Meredith Chapman, sophomore,who is still new to acting had this to say about the experience, “It was a fun experience that taught me to get out of my comfort and explore new things”.

We hope to see more from the Drama Club next year! Nice job to all the actors and to Ms. Benner!