Del Campo Roar

• Graduation ~ June 8th

• Last Day of School ~ June 11th

• 5/22~Varsity Softball Playoff Games 5 and 7 p.m., Arnaiz Park in Stockton

• Senior Goodbye Rally ~ May 31st

• Spring Fling ~ May 30th

Men’s volleyball declares victory over Sac High

Nevaeh Lewis, Sports and Entertainment Writer

On March 6 the Del Campo men’s volleyball team met the Sacramento High Dragons in the big gym at 6:15.

Del Campo warmed up first, followed by Sacramento’s warm ups for the first half hour. Many could see the players concentrating on preparing for the match. Del Campo’s starting six came off the bench with the energy and intensity for their first conference game.

The Cougars won their first game, with a score of 25-10. After switching sides, Del Campo came back onto the court with a new starting six. They needed to win the best of five games and reach 25 points to take the victory. Just 15 min later, the cougars took the second game with the final score of 25-8, as the Sacramento rapidly lost their momentum.

After another break, and switching sides, the energy in the gym got very intense when the DragonsĀ  realized that if they need to win this game. For 10 min it was back and forth with both teams tied up on 3 separate occasions. A few substitutions on both sides, and a couple good plays later, Del Campo took the lead. About 12 min later Del Campo made the final spike of the game putting the score at 25-18, making them the winners.

Because Del Campo won the first three games they did not have to play a fourth game. The teams lined up and shared high fives, and the Cougars celebrated their victory!

By Nevaeh Lewis,

Roar Staff Writer

About the Writer

Nevaeh Lewis a junior at Del Campo and also a first year Roar staff writer. Nevaeh is a very athletic person whose whole life is focused on sports. She...

The Student News Site of Del Campo High School