The Student News Site of Del Campo High School

Del Campo Roar

Del Campo Roar

Del Campo Roar

Sports-A-Rama 2024

Seniors win Sports-A-Rama at the last second. Juniors put up a good fight.

This poll has ended.

Who do you think should have won sports-a-rama?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Sports-A-Rama, also known as SAR, has been a tradition at Del Campo for over 50 years. This year it took place on March 15th and it brought people’s spirits up, and brought out competitive sides.  The event bonds people together, and forms connections that will last them a lifetime. All grades participate and get judged on their entrance, warm-ups, class skits, and some friendly competitions. This event would not be possible without the help of Del Campo Staff, and students. Click on the photo slideshows below to enjoy memories of the night.

The freshman put up a good fight with the theme of Tangled, but they ended up getting forth.  Even though they got last place they all really enjoyed the experience and will never forget it. Surprisingly, the freshman beat the seniors in the event tug-of-war.

Sophomores had a theme of Mulan for this year’s event. They brought spirit and had a lot of good energy. They beat the seniors in tug-of-war, and the freshman in the jump rope relay. After a long and hard fight they ended up placing third overall.

The juniors had to follow a theme of Rio for this year’s games. They put up a good fight, being tied with the seniors until the last event, class skits, where the seniors beat them. They won in events like the bowling pin relay against the sophomores, and the sack race against the freshman.  In the end, they missed first place by 20 points.

The seniors, had the theme of Aladdin for Sports-a-Rama. They were really making an effort to win this competition for their final year. They were tied with the Juniors right before the last event, the skit. They ended up winning by 20 points.