The Student News Site of Del Campo High School

Del Campo Roar

Del Campo Roar

Del Campo Roar

Students keeping it creative

Arts And Crafts Club advisor Ms. Dunn (Cecilia Rodriguez)

The Arts & Crafts Club was recently introduced to Del Campo when students chose to combine two clubs, the Art Club and the new Craft Club. The Arts and Crafts club is run by advisor Ms. Dunn, the beloved beginning, advanced, and AP 3D art and design teacher. 

It is a newer club but even with inexperience as a new club, they have been doing their best to publicize themselves and connect with the school community.

The Arts & Crafts club offers amazing opportunities to students, and more importantly it offers connection with other students who love art and creativity but also in a fun and casual way without the pressure of grades. It’s a great way to meet new people who have creative minds and an amazing way to find community and common interests.

Ms. Dunn encourages students to join the club. “It’s vital that students aren’t intimidated by the idea of joining the club, or any club in general, because the ability to connect with other people, especially students who they have hobbies and interests in common with, is well worth it.”

The club is entirely student driven, and is constantly hosting new events. Recently, they collaborated with AYA (Asian Youth Association) at Lunar Night where they sold hand airbrushed t-shirts with dragons on them, did face painting, and sold paper lanterns they made by hand. On March 13th, they hosted an art show and table at the band concert, selling their art there as well.

Face painting at Lunar Night (Keri Dunn)

The co-presidents of the club are Ash, who is interested in murals, airbrushing, and painting; Toby, who is interested in jewelry making. Ash is the former President of the Art Club, and Toby, the former President of the Craft Club. There is also a Treasurer, Aaron who is interested in ceramics and painting. These roles allow students to learn leadership skills which they can use in all areas of their lives.

Club participants are always working on something new, and recently invested in new tools to fundraise money for the club. Some of these include a sticker maker and a button maker. An even bigger project is also in process, which is painting murals around campus, which they’ve been requested to make.

Ms. Dunn explains that if more people join the club, the more diverse it can become and the more people it can reach. They meet every Friday at lunch to come together and do fun creative stuff, and are always welcoming new members.